Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air in pipes

I have a shallow well with a craftsman pump on it connected to a
captive air tank. The pump cycles on and off, the pressure switch is a
20/40. The problem I am having is air spitting from my faucets and i
can hear it doing the same as the toilet refills. I have an outside
faucet just outside the pump house and it does the same thing, only
not as bad. There are no leaks between the pump and mobile home, the
pressure side of the pump. I have checked the pipes between the well
head and the inlet side of the pump and found no leaks. I am in SC and
we have plenty of water here, none of my neihbors have any water
problems so I would think that a gaseous well is out of the question.
Any thing you might suggest would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 23, 1:55�am, wrote:
I have a shallow well with a craftsman pump on it connected to a
captive air tank. The pump cycles on and off, the pressure switch is a
20/40. The problem I am having is air spitting from my faucets and i
can hear it doing the same as the toilet refills. I have an outside
faucet just outside the pump house and it does the same thing, only
not as bad. There are no leaks between the pump and mobile home, the
pressure side of the pump. I have checked the pipes between the well
head and the inlet side of the pump and found no leaks. I am in SC and
we have plenty of water here, none of my neihbors have any water
problems so I would think that a gaseous well is out of the question.
Any thing you might suggest would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

you might try depleting the well intentially to see how much reserve
capacity it has.

if it empties fast your well has a problem/

is the pressure tank at the well? its likely bad
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 23, 1:55*am, wrote:
I have a shallow well with a craftsman pump on it connected to a
captive air tank. The pump cycles on and off, the pressure switch is a
20/40. The problem I am having is air spitting from my faucets and i
can hear it doing the same as the toilet refills. I have an outside
faucet just outside the pump house and it does the same thing, only
not as bad. There are no leaks between the pump and mobile home, the
pressure side of the pump. I have checked the pipes between the well
head and the inlet side of the pump and found no leaks. I am in SC and
we have plenty of water here, none of my neihbors have any water
problems so I would think that a gaseous well is out of the question.
Any thing you might suggest would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

connected to a captive air tank

It's obvious that your captive air tank is rebelling against the years
of oppression that you have subjected it to.

Set it free. If it comes back, it's yours, if it doesn't, you never
really had it anyway.

Pipes Mrs Bonk Home Repair 2 March 4th 06 03:23 AM
Plastic pipes v copper pipes! Vikki UK diy 11 November 26th 05 04:44 PM
What's the best way to lag pipes? Dave UK diy 7 April 2nd 05 01:38 AM
What are these pipes for? [email protected] Home Repair 24 December 27th 04 10:56 PM
Freezing Pipes or Pipes frozen could the Instant Hot Water Recirculator from RedyTemp work [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 11th 04 01:18 PM