DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   gas fire place (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/234766-gas-fire-place.html)

minnew February 22nd 08 10:01 PM

gas fire place

My husband and I just bought a 5 yr old home. The gas fire place is
gorgeous and huge, but won't stay lit. I can light the pilot and then
turn the knob to "ON" and the fire is wonderful. It stays lit about 5
minutes and then it is like the gas just shuts off. Am I doing
something wrong? The pilot knob it turned to 'ON' after it is lit and
the bottom knob is on AUX if I am not using the remote/ON if I am
using the remote. We didn't get a manual and can't seem to find the
manufacturer to go online and look it up. It is quite
frustrating....but nice when it is lit! :0) I thought about calling
someone but who would I call???

[email protected] February 22nd 08 10:05 PM

gas fire place

On Feb 22, 5:01�pm, minnew wrote:
My husband and I just bought a 5 yr old home. The gas fire place is
gorgeous and huge, but won't stay lit. I can light the pilot and then
turn the knob to "ON" �and the fire is wonderful. It stays lit about 5
minutes and then it is like the gas just shuts off. Am I doing
something wrong? The pilot knob it turned to 'ON' after it is lit and
the bottom knob is on AUX if I am not using the remote/ON if I am
using the remote. We didn't get a manual and can't seem to find the
manufacturer to go online and look it up. It is quite
frustrating....but nice when it is lit! :0) �I thought about calling
someone but who would I call???

local fireplace shop.

most likely a bad thermocouple, they are easy to change:)

Edwin Pawlowski February 23rd 08 03:49 AM

gas fire place

"minnew" wrote in message
We didn't get a manual and can't seem to find the
manufacturer to go online and look it up. It is quite
frustrating....but nice when it is lit! :0) I thought about calling
someone but who would I call???

Natural gas or propane?

Gas company in some areas has a service department. Propane dealers usually
do also.

Who is the manufacturer?