DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Covering laminate floor in kitchen (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/234763-covering-laminate-floor-kitchen.html)

Noel February 22nd 08 08:38 PM

Covering laminate floor in kitchen

The size is 12' x 6' and i just don't like the look of laminated floor
in the kitchen. A HAndyman recommended that I cover it with self
sticking vinyl by Armstrong for budget reasons. He said the floor is
solid, so all I need is to cover it myself. he refused to take the
job, because its so easy that I could do it, and thought it was a
crime to take the money to do it .

HeyBub[_2_] February 23rd 08 03:21 PM

Noel wrote:
The size is 12' x 6' and i just don't like the look of laminated floor
in the kitchen. A HAndyman recommended that I cover it with self
sticking vinyl by Armstrong for budget reasons. He said the floor is
solid, so all I need is to cover it myself. he refused to take the
job, because its so easy that I could do it, and thought it was a
crime to take the money to do it .

Removing laminate flooring is even easier than putting it down. It's not
nailed or glued - just unlock the pieces.

Save the pieces, though. They might come in handy for a small project.

[email protected] February 23rd 08 04:10 PM

On Feb 23, 10:21*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Noel wrote:
The size is 12' x 6' and i just don't like the look of laminated floor
in the kitchen. A HAndyman recommended that I cover it with self
sticking vinyl by Armstrong for budget reasons. He said the floor is
solid, so all I need is *to cover it myself. he refused to take the
job, because its so easy that I could do it, and thought it was a
crime to take the money to do it .

Removing laminate flooring is even easier than putting it down. It's not
nailed or glued - just unlock the pieces.

That's certainly not true of all laminate. With Pergo, which is
probably the best known and leading brand, the pieces are glued
together.

Save the pieces, though. They might come in handy for a small project.

HeyBub[_2_] February 23rd 08 09:27 PM

Noel wrote:
The size is 12' x 6' and i just don't like the look of laminated
floor in the kitchen. A HAndyman recommended that I cover it with
self sticking vinyl by Armstrong for budget reasons. He said the
floor is solid, so all I need is to cover it myself. he refused to
take the job, because its so easy that I could do it, and thought
it was a crime to take the money to do it .

Removing laminate flooring is even easier than putting it down. It's
not nailed or glued - just unlock the pieces.

That's certainly not true of all laminate. With Pergo, which is
probably the best known and leading brand, the pieces are glued
together.

Ah, didn't know. I just put some down and the pieces simply clicked
together.

The brand I used was "Legonate" - is that the difference?