Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mounting my two front speakers next to my 46inch flat

I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

How will the speakers be mounted? On stands, or what? Brackets on the TV?

Posted to alt.home.repair

The only true way of hiding your wires is running them through the
wall. It is basicly the same as adding a new electrical outlet. If
your not up for that, get your wife to do some decorateing
(pictures,plants,etc...) to hide the wires behind something.

Steve
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 2:59*pm, wrote:
I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without *wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

The best way to hide the wires would be to use - wait for it... -
Wireless Speakers!

http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...s-systems.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 20, 2:59 pm, wrote:
I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

The best way to hide the wires would be to use - wait for it... -
Wireless Speakers!

http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...s-systems.html

That would be a way to avoid wires, but what is the best way to hide the
wires.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 20, 2:59 pm, wrote:
I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

The best way to hide the wires would be to use - wait for it... -
Wireless Speakers!

http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...s-systems.html

As the article itself says, "We still say that as yet, wired sound quality
is superior."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 2:59 pm, wrote:
I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

The best way to hide the wires would be to use - wait for it... -
Wireless Speakers!

http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...s-systems.html

==============

Generally speaking, you're better off shopping for the best sounding speaker
you can afford, especially if you view a lot of well-made music DVDs. The
best sounding speakers may not be the wireless ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 1:59*pm, wrote:
I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without *wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Were you maybe planning on putting crown moulding in that room? If so
do it now and run the wire inside it. Or you can route a groove in
the back of chair rail and run the wire in that groove and chair rail
the room. Or just pop the base board and run it behind that. You may
be able to hammer it between the carpet and baseboard with a piece of
1/8 inch lattice scrap. There is stick-on plastic channel that you
paint with the wall. Wireless speakers sound like crap, go for wired.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RickH wrote:
On Feb 20, 1:59 pm, wrote:

I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Were you maybe planning on putting crown moulding in that room? If so
do it now and run the wire inside it. Or you can route a groove in
the back of chair rail and run the wire in that groove and chair rail
the room. Or just pop the base board and run it behind that. You may
be able to hammer it between the carpet and baseboard with a piece of
1/8 inch lattice scrap. There is stick-on plastic channel that you
paint with the wall. Wireless speakers sound like crap, go for wired.

Look at Southwire's FlatWire products. The have flat speaker conductors
and terminations (connectors.)

http://www.southwire.com/processGetA...002702a8c0____

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:59:07 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I
can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them
to my receiver without wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Wireless Speakers: RCA Speakers Only Work when on Same Electrical Outlet as Transmitter / What is Problem? Lin Electronics Repair 11 April 24th 07 08:37 PM
Flat Panel TV Mounting to Save Space [email protected] Home Repair 19 January 31st 07 08:08 PM
Wall mounting a 20 inch flat screen tv problem JavaEnquirer UK diy 1 March 5th 06 07:23 PM
WTB: Flat Speakers Mungo UK diy 8 January 18th 06 10:46 PM
Wall mounting a flat panel TV? Rex Home Repair 3 December 7th 05 12:09 AM