Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Driveway gate stopped working

Our USAutomatic Patriot gate completely stopped moving. I noticed the
battery power was low. So I hooked up my car battery charger to it (as
if I'm doing car jumpstart). Voltage came back up to 12 volts. But
pressing the remote control button still only caused a clicking sound
on the circuit board; no motor turning sound. I pushed the reset
button on the board. Pushed the OPEN/CLOSE COMMAND button. Nothing
helped. Any advice is appreciated.

Yong Huang
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 19, 10:08*pm, Yong Huang wrote:
Our USAutomatic Patriot gate completely stopped moving. I noticed the
battery power was low. So I hooked up my car battery charger to it (as
if I'm doing car jumpstart). Voltage came back up to 12 volts. But
pressing the remote control button still only caused a clicking sound
on the circuit board; no motor turning sound. I pushed the reset
button on the board. Pushed the OPEN/CLOSE COMMAND button. Nothing
helped. Any advice is appreciated.

Yong Huang

Are you sure you hooked up + to + and - to -? A teversal might have
damaged the PCB.

joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yong Huang wrote:
Our USAutomatic Patriot gate completely stopped moving. I noticed the
battery power was low. So I hooked up my car battery charger to it (as
if I'm doing car jumpstart). Voltage came back up to 12 volts. But
pressing the remote control button still only caused a clicking sound
on the circuit board; no motor turning sound. I pushed the reset
button on the board. Pushed the OPEN/CLOSE COMMAND button. Nothing
helped. Any advice is appreciated.

Sounds like a dead battery and bad contacts to either or both of the
battery terminals.

--
Leftist Google censors the right
Obama's childhood mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, was a communist.