Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Light fixture in bathroom

Hi guys. Can anyone speak to the potential danger of installing a
light fixture in a full bathroom that has a "dry location only"
warning sticker? I'm assuming that lights designed for baths must
have some sort of insulation?? I like this fixture and would rather
not return it to the store and start my search over again. Thanks for
any insight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 6:44*am, wrote:
Hi guys. *Can anyone speak to the potential danger of installing a
light fixture in a full bathroom that has a "dry location only"
warning sticker? *I'm assuming that lights designed for baths must
have some sort of insulation?? *I like this fixture and would rather
not return it to the store and start my search over again. *Thanks for
any insight.

Don't. Bathroom lights should be selected to not be affected by high
humidity.
Also if it is a recessed light there are requirments about heat
clearances above/behind them.
Quite apart from fact that a wrong fixture may deteroriate and corrode
quickly before catching fire, if something happened it might, at best,
invalidate insurance coverage. Smoke can kill.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Hi guys. Can anyone speak to the potential danger of installing a
light fixture in a full bathroom that has a "dry location only"
warning sticker? I'm assuming that lights designed for baths must
have some sort of insulation?? I like this fixture and would rather
not return it to the store and start my search over again. Thanks for
any insight.

The bathroom is considered a "Dry location" unless you planned on installing
the fixture in the tub/shower space. A damp location is usually outdoors
under a roof. A wet location is fully exposed to the elements.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
Hi guys. Can anyone speak to the potential danger of installing a
light fixture in a full bathroom that has a "dry location only"
warning sticker? I'm assuming that lights designed for baths must
have some sort of insulation?? I like this fixture and would rather
not return it to the store and start my search over again. Thanks for
any insight.

The bathroom is considered a "Dry location" unless you planned on
installing the fixture in the tub/shower space. A damp location is
usually outdoors under a roof. A wet location is fully exposed to the
elements.

Ditto, if you're talking about a wall mount or ceiling mount fixture going
on the ceiling or wall over the sink, it's considered a dry location. Just
stay out of the tub or shower

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , terry wrote:
On Feb 18, 6:44=A0am, wrote:
Hi guys. =A0Can anyone speak to the potential danger of installing a
light fixture in a full bathroom that has a "dry location only"
warning sticker? =A0I'm assuming that lights designed for baths must
have some sort of insulation?? =A0I like this fixture and would rather
not return it to the store and start my search over again. =A0Thanks for
any insight.

Don't. Bathroom lights should be selected to not be affected by high
humidity.
Also if it is a recessed light there are requirments about heat
clearances above/behind them.
Quite apart from fact that a wrong fixture may deteroriate and corrode
quickly before catching fire, if something happened it might, at best,
invalidate insurance coverage. Smoke can kill.

Calm down, then go look up the National Electrical Code definitions of dry,
damp, and wet locations.