Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ice maker stuck on crushed setting

The ice maker on my Frigidaire side by side is stuck on the crushed
ice setting. I can select cubed ice, but it won't turn off the
crusher. It works fine otherwise. It's not exactly a devastating
problem, just a little irritating. Thanks for any advice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ktyme wrote:
The ice maker on my Frigidaire side by side is stuck on the crushed
ice setting. I can select cubed ice, but it won't turn off the
crusher. It works fine otherwise. It's not exactly a devastating
problem, just a little irritating. Thanks for any advice.

Pull out and empty the ice bin. There might be a lever that engages a
crusher blade that works with the spiral that pushes ice out. Ensure
that the crusher lever moves freely.