Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A valve for this heater

Hi,

A plumber is about to install a Runtal wall heater (neptune) on my
wall. Here's the pipes to which he'll attach it:

http://freeboundaries.com/heater.jpg

I was wondering if there exists a valve that could be attached here.
There is just not enough space for a conventional valve and I don't
mind if it is something that I would need to use a wrench to operate.

Thanks!

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

A plumber is about to install a Runtal wall heater (neptune) on my
wall. Here's the pipes to which he'll attach it:

http://freeboundaries.com/heater.jpg

I was wondering if there exists a valve that could be attached here.
There is just not enough space for a conventional valve and I don't
mind if it is something that I would need to use a wrench to operate.

Thanks!

Aaron

http://www.hydronicalternatives.com/html/valves.html
http://www.matco-norca.com/radiator_valves.htm
http://www.americanvalve.com/bronze/radiator.html
http://www.accentshopping.com/product.asp/P_ID/150402

I'm guessing from the pic that you need a 3/4" sweat
to 1/2" MIPS angle.
And one angle union fitting too, if there will only
be one valve.

The first link has some attractive valves without
ugly handles. Get some catalogs, make some calls.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

A plumber is about to install a Runtal wall heater (neptune) on my
wall. Here's the pipes to which he'll attach it:

http://freeboundaries.com/heater.jpg

I was wondering if there exists a valve that could be attached here.
There is just not enough space for a conventional valve and I don't
mind if it is something that I would need to use a wrench to operate.

Thanks!

Aaron

Not knowing what kind of heater that is, I will make a wild guess
and say that it is a hydronic heater? Is that copper for hot
water? Gas?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 4:27*pm, Robert Allison wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

A plumber is about to install a Runtal wall heater (neptune) on my
wall. Here's the pipes to which he'll attach it:

http://freeboundaries.com/heater.jpg

I was wondering if there exists a valve that could be attached here.
There is just not enough space for a conventional valve and I don't
mind if it is something that I would need to use a wrench to operate.

Thanks!

Aaron

Not knowing what kind of heater that is, I will make a wild guess
and say that it is a hydronic heater? *Is that copper for hot
water? *Gas?

Hi again,

Thanks for the responses. It's a hydronic heater. To complicate the
matters, I need this part before Wed, which is when the plumber is
coming. Given that, what would be my top 2 or 3 choices of places to
call/go?

Thanks again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:

[...]

You'd have to go to a plumbing supply house.
You won't find this kind of thing at BigBox.

I would have thought your plumber would have
the resources to locate the parts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:

[...]

You should call or go to the plumber that is going to install it.
He will (or should) have access to everything that you will
need. And he will know exactly what he needs so nothing will be
forgotten.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.