DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shower control turns 360 (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/234031-shower-control-turns-360-a.html)

ATL February 17th 08 01:04 PM

Shower control turns 360

My wife and I just bought a house that is around 30 years old. The
master bath tub faucet has three separate control valves/knobs. The
middle valve/knob turns the shower head supply off and on. It works,
but it does not stop anywhere. You have to turn it round and round
until you find the "on" position. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

ATL

jim February 17th 08 01:41 PM

Shower control turns 360

On Feb 17, 7:04*am, ATL wrote:
My wife and I just bought a house that is around 30 years old. *The
master bath tub faucet has three separate control valves/knobs. * The
middle valve/knob turns the shower head supply off and on. *It works,
but it does not stop anywhere. *You have to turn it round and round
until you find the "on" position. *What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

ATL

Probaly there is a stop under the handle and it is worn off if these
taps are that old I would probaly replace them as soon as you can
afford to . Without seeing it suggest you go to whoever in your area
see if parts avaible. Good luck

ATL February 17th 08 03:11 PM

Shower control turns 360

Thanks Jim. When you say "taps" are you speaking of the entire faucet
or the stems, etc.? In other words, is what you're suggesting a
repair job that can be done without going into the wall or is it a
replacement job you're talking about?

Thanks
ATL

Speedy Jim[_2_] February 17th 08 03:39 PM

Shower control turns 360

ATL wrote:
Thanks Jim. When you say "taps" are you speaking of the entire faucet
or the stems, etc.? In other words, is what you're suggesting a
repair job that can be done without going into the wall or is it a
replacement job you're talking about?

Thanks
ATL

Not all 3-handle controls are alike; get a mfr name
or some identifier. As a last resort, remove the
diverter stem. IIRC, some designs didn't even have stops.

t'other Jim

S. Barker February 17th 08 04:18 PM

Shower control turns 360

what's to fix? You should only have to turn it 180 degrees to get from one
mode to another . "round and round" is a waste of time.