Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to cut plate glass

I have a glass cutter. How do I cut 1/8" plate glass?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sasha" wrote in message
I have a glass cutter. How do I cut 1/8" plate glass?

Google search: how to use a glass cutter

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sasha" wrote in message
I have a glass cutter. How do I cut 1/8" plate glass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvvPUHNCvA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:58:46 -0800 (PST), Sasha
wrote:

I have a glass cutter. How do I cut 1/8" plate glass?

Use household ammonia/paper towels to clean glass. Mark exactly where
you want to cut the glass. Align a metal straightedge and glass
cutter. A little kerosene on the glass will help the scoring. Put a
1/2 drop of oil on the cutter wheel. Run the glass cutter ONE time
(on one side only) with a firm steady motion. It should sound like
ripping cloth. One method is to quickly snap the glass against the
table edge, holding one half firm. Sand w/320 grit sandpaper.
Gloves/eye protection recommended. Practice makes perfect.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

I have a glass cutter. How do I cut 1/8" plate glass?

Old glass doesn't cut near as well as new glass.

Replacing glass in sliding glass door Godfrey Muganda Home Repair 16 July 26th 16 06:44 PM
register plate VisionSet UK diy 0 April 11th 07 10:22 PM
Scratched black glass hob (glass stove). [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 9th 05 12:39 PM
BBQ Plate? BIGEYE Metalworking 40 February 15th 05 10:53 PM
Glass scrapers [was: Polishing scratches out of glass] Jerry Built UK diy 1 May 17th 04 07:27 PM