Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Peat Humus

With the start of gardening season it seems that no one sells peat humus
anymore. Wal-mart. home depot, lowes, my local nurseries, no body has it any
more. Any ideas on why they put an end to the best thing you could put in
your garden?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 10:09*am, "DonG" wrote:
With the start of gardening season it seems that no one sells peat humus
anymore. Wal-mart. home depot, lowes, my local nurseries, no body has it any
more. Any ideas on why they put an end to the best thing you could put in
your garden?

Don't know where you're located, but if it's winter and cold, that may
be why you can't find it. It's always available here in NJ when I've
needed it. But never went looking for it in winter. Did you ask
the local nurseries why they don't have it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Feb 13, 10:09 am, "DonG" wrote:
With the start of gardening season it seems that no one sells peat humus
anymore. Wal-mart. home depot, lowes, my local nurseries, no body has it
any
more. Any ideas on why they put an end to the best thing you could put in
your garden?

Don't know where you're located, but if it's winter and cold, that may
be why you can't find it. It's always available here in NJ when I've
needed it. But never went looking for it in winter. Did you ask
the local nurseries why they don't have it?

I'm in Florida where it used to be available year round. The first thing I
did was ask "why" they didn't have any. The number one answer was that their
vendor didn't carry it any longer, while the others said they don't carry it
any more. I'll get to the bottom of this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DonG" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Feb 13, 10:09 am, "DonG" wrote:
With the start of gardening season it seems that no one sells peat humus
anymore. Wal-mart. home depot, lowes, my local nurseries, no body has it
any
more. Any ideas on why they put an end to the best thing you could put in
your garden?

Don't know where you're located, but if it's winter and cold, that may
be why you can't find it. It's always available here in NJ when I've
needed it. But never went looking for it in winter. Did you ask
the local nurseries why they don't have it?

I'm in Florida where it used to be available year round. The first thing I
did was ask "why" they didn't have any. The number one answer was that
their vendor didn't carry it any longer, while the others said they don't
carry it any more. I'll get to the bottom of this.

Check your yellow pages for a couple of landscapers who have the biggest
display ads. Call them and see if they can give you some sources you may not
be aware of yet.