Posted to alt.home.repair

Default delay timer for bathroom fan?

any recommendations? prefer one that will fit in a Decora opening, as
it will be ganged with a light switch and also a GFCI receptacle. All I
can seem to find are the five-button Leviton thing and also the
Intermatic mechanical ones. I'd prefer a rotary style, but I suspect
the Intermatic one will sound like a kitchen timer in my bathroom (I'm
planning on using an ultra-quiet fan so it would be real obvious) are
there any other products I should be looking at?

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
any recommendations? prefer one that will fit in a Decora opening, as it
will be ganged with a light switch and also a GFCI receptacle. All I can
seem to find are the five-button Leviton thing and also the Intermatic
mechanical ones. I'd prefer a rotary style, but I suspect the Intermatic
one will sound like a kitchen timer in my bathroom (I'm planning on using
an ultra-quiet fan so it would be real obvious) are there any other
products I should be looking at?

thanks,

nate

No. Just get the one that sounds like a kitchen timer. Anyone trying to
sleep in the bathroom is probably drunk, and should be taken to the bedroom.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2008-02-12, Nate Nagel wrote:

any recommendations?

Check out some of the options sold by Energy Federation Incorporated:

http://www.energyfederation.org/consumer/default.php/cPath/39_766

I have the Fan/Light Time Delay Switch, although it is not Decora.
Maybe the Leviton Electronic Off-Timers?

Wayne
Posted to alt.home.repair
m m is offline

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
any recommendations? prefer one that will fit in a Decora opening, as it
will be ganged with a light switch and also a GFCI receptacle. All I can
seem to find are the five-button Leviton thing and also the Intermatic
mechanical ones. I'd prefer a rotary style, but I suspect the Intermatic
one will sound like a kitchen timer in my bathroom (I'm planning on using
an ultra-quiet fan so it would be real obvious) are there any other
products I should be looking at?

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Got the Intermatic EL210 from Home Depot, completely electronic (no noise).
Uses a single push button (cycles through 10, 20, 30, 60, "hold")

http://www.intermatic.com/Default.as...cid=53&did =5

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

any recommendations? prefer one that will fit in a Decora opening, as
it will be ganged with a light switch and also a GFCI receptacle. All I
can seem to find are the five-button Leviton thing and also the
Intermatic mechanical ones. I'd prefer a rotary style, but I suspect
the Intermatic one will sound like a kitchen timer in my bathroom (I'm
planning on using an ultra-quiet fan so it would be real obvious) are
there any other products I should be looking at?

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Your ultra-quiet fan is likely wishful thinking, just get the ticking
rotary timer and save a buck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 22:14:48 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

any recommendations? prefer one that will fit in a Decora opening, as
it will be ganged with a light switch and also a GFCI receptacle. All I
can seem to find are the five-button Leviton thing and also the
Intermatic mechanical ones. I'd prefer a rotary style, but I suspect
the Intermatic one will sound like a kitchen timer in my bathroom (I'm
planning on using an ultra-quiet fan so it would be real obvious) are
there any other products I should be looking at?

thanks,

nate

I have the dial type, GE brand. It produces a (very soft) ticking
sound. It has been working every daily shower for over 15 years.
There are silent digital models that don't make noise for more $. For
a bathroom fan you want one that will run at least 20 minutes to pull
the moisture out. With all your specific requirements you might have
some searching to do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
I have the dial type, GE brand. It produces a (very soft) ticking
sound. It has been working every daily shower for over 15 years.
There are silent digital models that don't make noise for more $. For
a bathroom fan you want one that will run at least 20 minutes to pull
the moisture out. With all your specific requirements you might have
some searching to do.

I have a similar timer in both of my batrhrooms and the ticking sound is
insignificant... barely enough to remind you the timer is on. I highly
recommend them for the value and the convenience they add. You set the fan and
forget it... full ventilation and yet you only pay for the electricity for maybe
10-15 minutes.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 11, 9:14*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
any recommendations? *prefer one that will fit in a Decora opening, as
it will be ganged with a light switch and also a GFCI receptacle. *All I
can seem to find are the five-button Leviton thing and also the
Intermatic mechanical ones. *I'd prefer a rotary style, but I suspect
the Intermatic one will sound like a kitchen timer in my bathroom (I'm
planning on using an ultra-quiet fan so it would be real obvious) are
there any other products I should be looking at?

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

smarthome.com has some silent decora style ones.