Posted to alt.home.repair
Sky Sky is offline

Default softer wheels or casters for portable dishwasher?

I have a portable dishwasher that uses wheels similar to those found on
a lot of office chairs. I noticed with my old vinyl flooring that the
wheels caused marks (more like ruts or indentations). They're not
really gouges, but definitely wheel marks that were very discernable in
particular lighting conditions.

Here is a link for a picture of similar wheels currently on the portable
dishwasher:

http://tinyurl.com/2cmnkc

which is the same link as,

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...C2:CG32:DP1532

Since I have to get new kitchen flooring (high-grade sheet vinyl) and I
want to prevent wheel marks in the future, does anyone know of any
wheels, rollers, or casters I can buy that will be more 'floor friendly'
that won't mark the floor as I've described? I've already been by
Lowes, and they didn't have anything suitable. TIA.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...sProductDispla...

Since I have to get new kitchen flooring (high-grade sheet vinyl) and I
want to prevent wheel marks in the future, does anyone know of any
wheels, rollers, or casters I can buy that will be more 'floor friendly'
that won't mark the floor as I've described? *I've already been by
Lowes, and they didn't have anything suitable. *TIA.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

I don't think that different wheels will solve the problem. It is the
weight of the machine and the choice of flooring that are the
variables affecting the "problem". If you are changing the flooring
then consider something more durable than sheet vinyl. if that is out
of the question then use a small hunk of 1/4 plywood to roll the
machine onto.