Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Kitchen sink disposal

I had read or seen somewhere that the majority of kitchen sink disposal
units were made by a single company and it didn't matter too much in
agonizing over the various different manufacturers. Perhaps it was the
motor manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Walter

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
I had read or seen somewhere that the majority of kitchen sink disposal
units were made by a single company and it didn't matter too much in
agonizing over the various different manufacturers. Perhaps it was the
motor manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Walter

Without knowing more about the "somewhere" (see your paragraph, above), it's
kind of hard to comment on this. If you don't remember the "somewhere", it
probably wasn't a very impressive source, and any further discussion is not
worth your time or energy.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
I had read or seen somewhere that the majority of kitchen sink disposal
units were made by a single company and it didn't matter too much in
agonizing over the various different manufacturers. Perhaps it was the
motor manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Walter

Whirlpool owns In Sink Erator and Kitchen Aid and they are all the same,
aside from cosmetics. I don't know about Badger.

Posted to alt.home.repair, misc.consumers.house

On Feb 10, 9:21 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Walter Cohen" wrote in message

I had read or seen somewhere that the majority of kitchen sink disposal
units were made by a single company and it didn't matter too much in
agonizing over the various different manufacturers. Perhaps it was the
motor manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Walter

Whirlpool owns In Sink Erator and Kitchen Aid and they are all the same,
aside from cosmetics. I don't know about Badger.

InSinkErator is/was headquartered in Racine, WI. They have nearly
always had models called Badger 1, Badger 5, etc. I had heard that
they make something like 75% of the disposals out there.

JK (In WI)

On Feb 10, 7:24*pm, "Walter Cohen" wrote:
I had read or seen somewhere that the majority of kitchen sink disposal
units were made by a single company and it didn't matter too much in
agonizing over the various different manufacturers. *Perhaps it was the
motor manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Walter

Prove it to yourself.

Go listen to a Insinkerator Evolution series disposal and then go
listen to a cheap Kenmore and tell us if you think it's worth

On Feb 10, 7:21 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Walter Cohen" wrote in message

I had read or seen somewhere that the majority of kitchen sink disposal
units were made by a single company and it didn't matter too much in
agonizing over the various different manufacturers. Perhaps it was the
motor manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Walter

Whirlpool owns In Sink Erator and Kitchen Aid and they are all the same,
aside from cosmetics. I don't know about Badger.

Badger is (was?) the low end of InSinkErator

I would suggest an InSinkErator 555SS or better.....I changed over to
many InSinkErator's over the years, had good luck with all (except
Badger, a contractor special, which was typically the unit being
replaced)

The nice thing about going over to InSinkErator is that it makes
subsequent replacements a snap...... can be done in less than 15
minutes.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
Prove it to yourself.

Go listen to a Insinkerator Evolution series disposal and then go
listen to a cheap Kenmore and tell us if you think it's worth
"agonizing over the various different manufacturers".

The Evolution may be TOL, but the Kenmore was made in the same factory.

Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal: Wrench Size To Turn Impeller ? Robert11 Home Repair 6 September 30th 07 01:37 PM
Sink Disposal Problem Les Home Repair 7 July 5th 06 06:25 PM
help-Kitchen sink with disposal clogged [email protected] Home Repair 2 September 8th 05 10:51 PM
how to repair sink disposal Zwanz of Never Home Repair 3 July 17th 05 10:25 AM
Kitchen Sink / Disposal Question nr Home Repair 1 January 17th 05 02:39 AM