DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pocket Door Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/232352-pocket-door-problem.html)

[email protected] February 2nd 08 03:57 PM

Pocket Door Problem

One side of my pocket door came down. The inside upper part of the
door has a post that goes into the rollers that run on the track. The
post came out of the roller. Does anyone have a solution other than
breaking the wall to install new hardware? Has anyone had this
problem?

Thank you.

dadiOH February 2nd 08 09:07 PM

Pocket Door Problem

wrote:
One side of my pocket door came down. The inside upper part of the
door has a post that goes into the rollers that run on the track.
The post came out of the roller. Does anyone have a solution other
than breaking the wall to install new hardware?

One way or another, you have to get at the faulty roller to
replace/repair it. However, there is no need to "break the
wall"...all you should need to do is remove the top trim on the
opening.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it at
http://mysite.verizon.net/xico

Oren[_2_] February 2nd 08 09:17 PM

Pocket Door Problem

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 21:07:21 GMT, "dadiOH"

One side of my pocket door came down. The inside upper part of the
door has a post that goes into the rollers that run on the track.
The post came out of the roller. Does anyone have a solution other
than breaking the wall to install new hardware?

One way or another, you have to get at the faulty roller to
replace/repair it. However, there is no need to "break the
wall"...all you should need to do is remove the top trim on the
opening.

If the "post" has slipped out, perhaps just lifting the door up would
fix it (back into position/latched). There may be a small latch on
the roller needing to be locked.

Oren