DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   securing laminate stair nosing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/232324-securing-laminate-stair-nosing.html)

[email protected] February 2nd 08 01:41 PM

securing laminate stair nosing

How is laminate nosing secured to the 3/4" plywood sub floor at the
top of a run of stairs?

SteveC February 2nd 08 02:50 PM

securing laminate stair nosing

I used PL Premium or PL400 Construction Adhesive, works really well.

Robert Allison[_2_] February 2nd 08 03:41 PM

wrote:
How is laminate nosing secured to the 3/4" plywood sub floor at the
top of a run of stairs?

I use different methods for each situation, but in general here is what
I do;

Dowels or biscuits, plus as much glue surface as possible. If I can, I
will make a half lap joint on the plywood and the nosing and glue
everything that way. Depends on what kind of nosing you have, the
overhang situation, what the riser is made of, etc. I want my joints to
last forever, so I use alot of glue (Titebond II), and as many
mechanical fastening devices or methods as I can without compromising
the integrity of either the nosing or the plywood.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.