Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is a Whole house fan an asset?

Bumpy wrote:
I have a whole housefan in my ranch home, installed
in the center, of the home. It works beautifully, especially
in the cool nights of the summer. Its a quality unit, that I
installed about 10 years ago. It draws air through the windows
of all the rooms, out to the attic, and out to the ridge vents and
soffit vents. We don't use it anymore ,due to airconditioning,
and problems with outside allergies.
Down the road, we will be selling the home. We are debating wether
to remove it or keep it. We will be repainting and we are thinking about
removing it. Will it make any difference in selling our home?

Thaks for your opinon,
Andy

Why not simply ask several real estate agents? They could give you
better answers that are relevant to where you live (which you didn't
reveal).