DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   electric baseboard heat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/231823-electric-baseboard-heat.html)

[email protected] January 28th 08 10:52 PM

electric baseboard heat

I have a 7 zone b b elec heat system' 30 yrs old that has developed a
problem with the largest (4 heaters) zone. (of course ) The entire
zone is controled by thermostat on the wall,not on each heater. The
zone is no longer responding to thermostat but continues to run
constantly. This is ok right now as it is cold in Connecticut
today,but it's starting to get toasty in here. My first thought was to
change thr thermo but my friend who knows more than me,generaly,so unh
unh. No your problem mon. Is there an electrician in the house ? Any
advice happily accepted for consideration. BBGG

RBM[_2_] January 28th 08 11:15 PM

electric baseboard heat

typical electric heat thermostats are only good for 22 amps which is about
20 linear feet of baseboard. If your four heaters are longer than that you
probably have electric heat relays, controlled by a low voltage thermostat.
In either case, I would check the thermostat first. Kill the electric and
remove stat and disconnect one wire, any one. Turn back on electric and see
if heat is off now. If so, replace stat