Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodman furnace won't shut off

Hey, I've got a Goodman GMT115 gas furnace that, if turned on, will
not stop heating the house. This started two nights ago, and it may be
a fault in the fan/blower relay switch or something. I've tried
turning off the thermostat, but the only way to regulate it now is to
turn off power to the furnace. The manufacturer website doesn't give
any help. Matching up the manual's wiring diagram with the furnace
control panel and wiring doesn't quite mesh. Any help in diagnosing
the problem, or identifying where the fan/blower relay is?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

Hey, I've got a Goodman GMT115 gas furnace

I'm sorry.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Somewhere on the furnace you should find a terminal strip where the wires
from your thermostat connect. Temporarily disconnect the red wire and see if
the furnace then shuts. The burner, if ignited, should quit immediately, and
the blower may take a while to turn off since it is most likely on a delayed
relay / switch. The key thing is to isolate the problem to either the
thermostat versus the furnace, which this simple test will achieve.

If the thermostat is stuck in the continuous on condition, then removing the
red wire will reveal that the thermostat and not the furnace is at fault.

If, on the other hand, the furnace continues to run despite the red wire
being disconnected, then the furnace itself is the problem.

There should be a wiring diagram someplace inside the furnace or in the
owner's manual if you want to try to troubleshoot the furnace with our help.
If not, call a competent repair person.

Smarty
"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

wrote

Hey, I've got a Goodman GMT115 gas furnace

I'm sorry.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Good foresight on the problem not truly being solved. I had a
feeling, but was hoping for dumb luck. There are two thermostat
controls (Honeywell T8112) in the house. Does it sound like I need a
new blower relay switch?

Posted to alt.home.repair

The furnace should only be connected to and operated by one thermostat, not
two.

Are you aware of how the 2 thermostats are wired??

Smarty

furnace goodman toboto Home Repair 2 October 31st 06 11:53 PM
Goodman Furnace humming and not heating [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 17th 06 07:13 AM
Goodman or Rheem gas furnace? Vintage Pinballs & Jukeboxes Home Repair 3 October 8th 05 01:40 AM
Could this deal on a Goodman furnace/AC be worth it? jay Home Repair 12 March 3rd 05 02:36 AM