DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question furnace inducer motor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/231675-question-re-furnace-inducer-motor.html)

[email protected] January 28th 08 12:36 AM

Question furnace inducer motor

Sorry for my stupidity but I recently received notice from Carrier
that I may be entitled to benefits in a class action suit if I have a
specific model and IF I had work any repairs done to a secondary or
condensing heat exchanger. When I first bought my house I had the
furnace cleaned and the company found that my furnance, the correct
model for the suit, needed a new inducer motor and wheel. My
question... finally... is are these two things the same thing: the
heat exchanger and the inducer motor???? If so, I am a happy camper
because it says I will recoup my costs up to $270 and since it cost
about $250 that means (I hope!) that I win!! Thanks for any help you
can offer.

MLD January 28th 08 12:43 AM

wrote in message
Sorry for my stupidity but I recently received notice from Carrier
that I may be entitled to benefits in a class action suit if I have a
specific model and IF I had work any repairs done to a secondary or
condensing heat exchanger. When I first bought my house I had the
furnace cleaned and the company found that my furnance, the correct
model for the suit, needed a new inducer motor and wheel. My
question... finally... is are these two things the same thing: the
heat exchanger and the inducer motor???? If so, I am a happy camper
because it says I will recoup my costs up to $270 and since it cost
about $250 that means (I hope!) that I win!! Thanks for any help you
can offer.

Don't be sorry--the heat exchanger is in the hot section of the furnace,
The inducer motor handles the air entering the furnace. Obviously, they are
not related and unless you paid for a heat exchanger, forget it.
MLD

[email protected] January 28th 08 12:44 AM

On Jan 27, 7:43*pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

Bummer... but thanks for the info!

[email protected] January 29th 08 03:41 PM

Question furnace inducer motor

On Jan 29, 10:04*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Call the guy who did the work. Don't believe random faceless people on the
net.

Sounds like different parts. No joy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Sorry for my stupidity but I recently received notice from Carrier
that I may be entitled to benefits in a class action suit if I have a
specific model and IF I had work any repairs done to a secondary or
condensing heat exchanger. *When I first bought my house I had the
furnace cleaned and the company found that my furnance, the correct
model for the suit, needed a new inducer motor and wheel. *My
question... finally... is are these two things the same thing: *the
heat exchanger and the inducer motor???? *If so, I am a happy camper
because it says I will recoup my costs up to $270 and since it cost
about $250 that means (I hope!) that I win!! *Thanks for any help you
can offer.

Agree with MLD, they are two very different things. However, if you
haven't had your furnace checked in awhile and depending on the terms
and length of the Carrier settlement, you may want to have it serviced
and the heat exchanger thoroughly checked now.