Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 4" metal tiles, where to find?

I have 4" metal tiles in the bathroom of my 50s home. I need to
replace some of them. Color is no issue, as they'll get painted.
Does anyone know of an internet source for these?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"AE Todd" wrote in message
I have 4" metal tiles in the bathroom of my 50s home. I need to
replace some of them. Color is no issue, as they'll get painted.
Does anyone know of an internet source for these?

I seem to recall seeing those at a large tile dealer near where I live. Not
many, but a few. Have you checked your yellow pages to see if you have a
store like that nearby?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I checked two today. One of them told me to do an internet search.
These are definitely vintage products.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"AE Todd" wrote in message
I checked two today. One of them told me to do an internet search.
These are definitely vintage products.

Are these bathroom tiles flat, or textured? If flat, you might be able to
find thin slices of hardwood at a hobby shop and use that instead. If
textured, pretend you didn't read this idea. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

They are thin flat metal.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 26, 12:20*pm, AE Todd wrote:
I have 4" metal tiles in the bathroom of my 50s home. *I need to
replace some of them. *Color is no issue, as they'll get painted.
Does anyone know of an internet source for these?

Any sheet metal shop could knock out several dozen of these in a few
minutes. Most places will have galvanized or stainless steel.
Sometimes you can find special paint bonding sheet metal that sign
companies like to use. After shearing the edges can be given a tiny
bend for that tile look. Good luck.

Joe