DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Type of underpad on concrete (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/229677-type-underpad-concrete.html)

car crash January 13th 08 04:14 AM

Type of underpad on concrete

I am finishing my basement. I have a concrete floor. I will be
laying under pad on the concrete and carpet over the under pad. I was
told at home depot to buy only a red coloured under pad that has white
dots on it, because it acts as a vapour barrier as well as an under
pad. Does anyone know what this under pad is called ??
As well, when laying the under pad, do I have to staple it to the
concrete floor before laying the carpet or can I just lay it down and
lay the carpet right over it ?
Thanks.
From Ottawa, Ontario.

[email protected] January 13th 08 05:56 AM

Type of underpad on concrete

Duct tape,glue or spray glue pad seams and around edges.