DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repairing sunken carpet caused by heavy furniture (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/229626-repairing-sunken-carpet-caused-heavy-furniture.html)

[email protected] January 12th 08 06:50 PM

Repairing sunken carpet caused by heavy furniture

Hi,

I recently bought a home. When the previous owners left all their
furniture was removed. In every room where there was furniture the
carpet is sunken / depressed where the furniture once was, for example
you can see where the feet of wardrobes, beds and sofas once were.

I was wondering has anyone got any good tips on how to repair such
carpet indents so they are risen and become flush with the rest of the
carpet once again.

Thanks for you suggestions and advice in advance.

Thanks

Oren[_2_] January 12th 08 07:11 PM

Repairing sunken carpet caused by heavy furniture

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:50:34 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a home. When the previous owners left all their
furniture was removed. In every room where there was furniture the
carpet is sunken / depressed where the furniture once was, for example
you can see where the feet of wardrobes, beds and sofas once were.

I was wondering has anyone got any good tips on how to repair such
carpet indents so they are risen and become flush with the rest of the
carpet once again.

Thanks for you suggestions and advice in advance.

Thanks

Many folks suggest placing an ice cube on the indented carpet, allow
it to melt and then to evaporate.

Oren

EXT January 12th 08 08:15 PM

Repairing sunken carpet caused by heavy furniture

Not only is the carpet pile flattened out the underpad is flattened down to
nothing. Sometimes moisture will work, sometimes steam cleaning will help,
if it has been flattened for many years, nothing will restore the pile to
match the surrounding carpet. A close match is the best that you can hope
for.

[email protected] January 13th 08 04:16 AM

wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a home. When the previous owners left all their
furniture was removed. In every room where there was furniture the
carpet is sunken / depressed where the furniture once was, for example
you can see where the feet of wardrobes, beds and sofas once were.

I was wondering has anyone got any good tips on how to repair such
carpet indents so they are risen and become flush with the rest of the
carpet once again.

Thanks for you suggestions and advice in advance.

Thanks

That's easy. Borrow a horse. Let the horse run around in the house
for a few hours. The carpeting will all match. You can ride the
horse while he does the carpet run too. May as well have a little fun
in the process.

By the way,
I think the previous owners got a lot of nerve removing all their
furniture when they moved. You should tell them that.