DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plastic Insert in toilet tank (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/229053-plastic-insert-toilet-tank.html)

[email protected] January 8th 08 06:49 AM

Plastic Insert in toilet tank

In my toilet tank there is a plastic thing that looks like the bottom
half of a milk jug. It surrounds the flapper and overflow pipe.
Because of this thing, only half the water goes down per flush. Of
course this is one of those toliets that needs to be flushed twice.
I'm thinking of removing that thing so ALL the water goes down per
flush. I already drilled a few 3/8 inch holes in the side to allow
more water to go down, but in the short time the flapper is open, not
all the water drains thru those holes. Is there any reason not to
remove it? I suppose the tank has to come off to get it out, or maybe
a utility knife can just cut it to the bottom of the tank.

Pete

Tony Hwang January 8th 08 07:12 AM

wrote:
In my toilet tank there is a plastic thing that looks like the bottom
half of a milk jug. It surrounds the flapper and overflow pipe.
Because of this thing, only half the water goes down per flush. Of
course this is one of those toliets that needs to be flushed twice.
I'm thinking of removing that thing so ALL the water goes down per
flush. I already drilled a few 3/8 inch holes in the side to allow
more water to go down, but in the short time the flapper is open, not
all the water drains thru those holes. Is there any reason not to
remove it? I suppose the tank has to come off to get it out, or maybe
a utility knife can just cut it to the bottom of the tank.

Pete

Hi,
If you remove it, it becomes ordinary toilet. You have two stage flush
one to conserve water.

RicodJour January 8th 08 12:39 PM

On Jan 8, 6:56 am, Lou wrote:
Hi,
If you remove it, it becomes ordinary toilet. You have two stage flush
one to conserve water.

So????

You crap every time you use a toilet? Time to see a doctor...

Jeff B January 8th 08 01:17 PM

On Jan 8, 1:49*am, wrote:
In my toilet tank there is a plastic thing that looks like the bottom
half of a milk jug. *It surrounds the flapper and overflow pipe.
Because of this thing, only half the water goes down per flush. *Of
course this is one of those toliets that needs to be flushed twice. *
I'm thinking of removing that thing so ALL the water goes down per
flush. *I already drilled a few 3/8 inch holes in the side to allow
more water to go down, but in the short time the flapper is open, not
all the water drains thru those holes. *Is there any reason not to
remove it? *I suppose the tank has to come off to get it out, or maybe
a utility knife can just cut it to the bottom of the tank.

Pete

I cut mine out after installing it to increase flush pressure.

--Jeff

Dr. Hardcrab January 8th 08 10:59 PM

wrote in message
In my toilet tank there is a plastic thing that looks like the bottom
half of a milk jug. It surrounds the flapper and overflow pipe.
Because of this thing, only half the water goes down per flush. Of
course this is one of those toliets that needs to be flushed twice.
I'm thinking of removing that thing so ALL the water goes down per
flush. I already drilled a few 3/8 inch holes in the side to allow
more water to go down, but in the short time the flapper is open, not
all the water drains thru those holes. Is there any reason not to
remove it? I suppose the tank has to come off to get it out, or maybe
a utility knife can just cut it to the bottom of the tank.

The toilet police will get you if you remove it.

Besides, that's a landing wharf for the Tidy Bowl Man......
Pete