DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Left hand thread (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/228671-left-hand-thread.html)

Frank[_5_] January 5th 08 02:05 AM

Left hand thread

Learned my lesson regarding snowblower paddles,now I need to remove the
augur and reboot the sucker. Can't for the life of me break the augur( left
hand thread ) pulley loose. Any help available?
Frank

Edwin Pawlowski January 5th 08 02:53 AM

Left hand thread

"Frank" wrote in message
Learned my lesson regarding snowblower paddles,now I need to remove the
augur and reboot the sucker. Can't for the life of me break the augur(
left hand thread ) pulley loose. Any help available?
Frank

Heat. Lots of it, as from a torch, usually works on things like that. Or let
it set for a day or so with penetrating oil.

Joe January 6th 08 12:21 AM

Left hand thread

On Jan 4, 8:53*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

Learned my lesson regarding snowblower paddles,now I need to remove the
augur and reboot the sucker. Can't for the life of me break the augur(
left hand thread ) pulley loose. Any help available?
* * * * * * * * Frank

Heat. Lots of it, as from a torch, usually works on things like that. Or let
it set for a day or so with penetrating oil.

And use an impact wrench. Air type is OK, and electrics would be
second choice, but there are also hand + hammer types that will accept
an impact socket.

Joe