DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   MAN SPENDS CHRISTMAS EVE UPSIDE DOWN IN SEPTIC TANK (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/227870-man-spends-christmas-eve-upside-down-septic-tank.html)

X-RAIDED December 31st 07 05:23 AM

MAN SPENDS CHRISTMAS EVE UPSIDE DOWN IN SEPTIC TANK

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22399164/?gt1=10645

The 77-year-old man spent part of Christmas Eve stuck upside down in the
opening of his septic tank, with his head inside and his feet kicking in
the air above.

"It wasn't good, I'll tell you what," Schoff said Tuesday. "It was the
worst Christmas Eve I've ever had."

Schoff reached into the tank Monday in an effort to find a clog, but he
lost his balance and got wedged into the opening.

The 5-foot-5-inch, 135-pound Schoff hollered and screamed for help, but
it was an hour before his wife, Toni, walked by a window and saw his
feet in the air.

"I saw these kicking feet and ran out, but couldn't get him out," Toni
Schoff said.

She called 911 and two Polk County sheriff's deputies yanked her husband
out of the tank.

"I thought it was the end of my life," Schoff said. "Thank God my wife
saw me. I don't think I could have stood staying in there much more."

--
Rob Cypher
robcypher.livejournal.com