Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A ghost in the machine?

The lights in my house have been dimming and brightening,at times the TV
will click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed my
space heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turn
on the dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem
occurs,if I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get
brighter and dim in another room simultaneously.Whats up??

Posted to alt.home.repair

Perhaps there is an open neutral which may be a power company problem.This
can cause damage to electronics & other devices.Have PG&E check it out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

i had a bad connection on my outside ground wire to the house. i
noticed it when i was running a fan and the rpms would go up and
down..i called power co and they fixed it.lucas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 25, 10:15*am, "neurochip" wrote:
The lights in my house have been dimming and brightening,at times the TV
will click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed my
space heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turn
on the dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem
occurs,if I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get
brighter and dim in another room simultaneously.Whats up??

Bad or broken neutral? Maybe inside house or outside. Get it fixed
pronto; could be expensive! Faulty or eoverheating breaker, bad
connection before or after meter .... etc.
Assuming you are somewhere in North America and without getting into
technicalities such a fault could a) Result in twice the voltage being
applied to electronic gear. That can mean four times the power and
damaging it extensivley or beyond repair. b) Possibility of electric
shock and or fire!
And if worst was to happen and it could be proven that you knew
something was wrong and failed to take action ........... Well you
know what insurance co.s can be like?
Posted to alt.home.repair

sounds like a bad neutral on your electric service ,get it fixed before it
destroys your el;ectronics .

"neurochip" wrote:
The lights in my house have been dimming and brightening,at times the TV1will

click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed mypspace
heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turnEon the
dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem8occurs,if
I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get8brighter and dim
in another room simultaneously.Whats up??

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

neurochip wrote:
The lights in my house have been dimming and brightening,at times the TV
will click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed my
space heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turn
on the dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem
occurs,if I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get
brighter and dim in another room simultaneously.Whats up??

Aluminum wiring, backstabber outlets possible other things to deal
with. HTH

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 25, 11:08�am, Joe wrote:
neurochip wrote:
The lights in my house have been dimming and brightening,at times the TV
will click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed my
space heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turn
on the dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem
occurs,if I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get
brighter and dim in another room simultaneously.Whats up??

Aluminum wiring, backstabber outlets possible other things to deal
with. �HTH

Joe

call power company to start.

brown outs are pretty common with cheap fluroscent fixtures even when
everything is fine

Ghost Voltage Water-Lou Home Repair 17 August 17th 06 05:38 PM
Bad Wiring or Ghost, Please Help. MattG Home Repair 4 July 25th 06 09:21 PM
Circuitry Ideas (Help scare the crap out of ghost hunters) Jayson Electronics 2 October 11th 05 09:12 AM
Beetle neighbour ghost? Alan UK diy 11 February 24th 04 08:23 PM
Tapping noise maybe solved - was 'Beetle neighbour ghost' Parish UK diy 1 February 23rd 04 12:10 PM