DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Athena Whirlpool Bath - Sanitizing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/226918-athena-whirlpool-bath-sanitizing.html)

Steve[_17_] December 21st 07 04:41 PM

Athena Whirlpool Bath - Sanitizing

Hi,
We have not been supplied with sanitizer tablets for use with our new Athena
whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on Monday for
Christmas. These are the tablets concerned:
http://www.athenawhirlpools.co.uk/So...r=Cat3&Id=1009
The tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use. I
have not been able to source anything similar locally (Milton Keynes, UK) at
short notice. Has anyone any ideas what else I can use to disinfect the bath
please?
Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Steve

Norminn December 21st 07 05:00 PM

Steve wrote:

Hi,
We have not been supplied with sanitizer tablets for use with our new Athena
whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on Monday for
Christmas. These are the tablets concerned:
http://www.athenawhirlpools.co.uk/So...r=Cat3&Id=1009
The tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use. I
have not been able to source anything similar locally (Milton Keynes, UK) at
short notice. Has anyone any ideas what else I can use to disinfect the bath
please?
Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Steve

People who want to bathe in the same water with other people really
scare me :o)

Steve[_17_] December 21st 07 05:28 PM

"Norminn" wrote in message
Steve wrote:

Hi,
We have not been supplied with sanitizer tablets for use with our new
Athena whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on
Monday for Christmas. These are the tablets concerned:
http://www.athenawhirlpools.co.uk/So...r=Cat3&Id=1009
The tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use.
I have not been able to source anything similar locally (Milton Keynes,
UK) at short notice. Has anyone any ideas what else I can use to disinfect
the bath please?
Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Steve

People who want to bathe in the same water with other people really scare
me :o)

It's a bath. The water is drained after each use but the pipework has to be
disinfected. Thanks for your time though! :p

H December 21st 07 07:26 PM

Athena Whirlpool Bath - Sanitizing

I suspect the primary ingredient in the tablets is sodium hypochlorite, or
bleach.

Put a cup of bleach in the water and run the whirlpool for a minute or so.
Then drain.