DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Blowing cellulose in 2x4 wall with existing R8 (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/226882-blowing-cellulose-2x4-wall-existing-r8.html)

Mar December 21st 07 08:34 AM

Blowing cellulose in 2x4 wall with existing R8

There is a 1 3/4" gap between the drywall and fibreglass insulation in my
walls. Would it be possible to blow in cellulose to fill that space. There
doesnt seem to be any vapour barrier, at least I can not feel it with my
probe. I'm using a 1.5" 90 degree elbow attached to the blower hose.

Thanks

C & E[_2_] December 22nd 07 07:31 PM

"Mar" wrote in message
There is a 1 3/4" gap between the drywall and fibreglass insulation in my
walls. Would it be possible to blow in cellulose to fill that space. There
doesnt seem to be any vapour barrier, at least I can not feel it with my
probe. I'm using a 1.5" 90 degree elbow attached to the blower hose.

Thanks

I've never heard of anyone doing this so, if you do please let us know how
it works out one way or the other.