DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Storing Gasoline in the House (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/226828-storing-gasoline-house.html)

[email protected] December 20th 07 04:41 PM

Storing Gasoline in the House

I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous.
I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the
house. I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department
many years ago. He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can
inside a metal container. I looked around the house and found the
only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove.
I put the gas can in there. The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits
in the oven. I feel much safer now.

Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas
cookies.

Later

Dave Bugg December 20th 07 04:56 PM

wrote:
I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous.
I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the
house. I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department
many years ago. He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can
inside a metal container. I looked around the house and found the
only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove.
I put the gas can in there. The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits
in the oven. I feel much safer now.

Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas
cookies.

Doesn't even score a half-point on the troll-O-meter. Don't quit yer day job
:-)

Tony Hwang December 21st 07 03:56 AM

Dave Bugg wrote:
wrote:

I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous.
I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the
house. I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department
many years ago. He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can
inside a metal container. I looked around the house and found the
only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove.
I put the gas can in there. The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits
in the oven. I feel much safer now.

Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas
cookies.

Doesn't even score a half-point on the troll-O-meter. Don't quit yer day job
:-)

Hmmm,
On less than dog's IQ.

[email protected] December 21st 07 01:43 PM

On Dec 20, 10:56�pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Dave Bugg wrote:
wrote:

I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous.
I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the
house. �I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department
many years ago. �He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can
inside a metal container. �I looked around the house and found the
only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove.
I put the gas can in there. �The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits
in the oven. �I feel much safer now.

Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas
cookies.

Doesn't even score a half-point on the troll-O-meter. Don't quit yer day job
:-)

Hmmm,
On less than dog's IQ.- Hide quoted text -

put in metal trash can outdoors, or any trash can outdoors.

at least the fire wouldnt be inside

Sev December 21st 07 02:52 PM

On Dec 20, 11:41�am, wrote:
I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous.
I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the
house. �I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department
many years ago. �He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can
inside a metal container. �I looked around the house and found the
only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove.
I put the gas can in there. �The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits
in the oven. �I feel much safer now.

Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas
cookies.

Later

Sounds like a plan. Get yr homeowners policy out of the safe and go
chill in the doghouse for a spell. Tell your fireman friend not to
worry about the smoke; it's just your wifey's cooking. More than one
way to get out from under that subprime mortgage.

Harry K December 21st 07 08:57 PM

Dave Bugg wrote:
wrote:

I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous.
I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the
house. �I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department
many years ago. �He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can
inside a metal container. �I looked around the house and found the
only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove.
I put the gas can in there. �The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits
in the oven. �I feel much safer now.

Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas
cookies.

Doesn't even score a half-point on the troll-O-meter. Don't quit yer day job
:-)

Hmmm,
On less than dog's IQ.- Hide quoted text -

put in metal trash can outdoors, or any trash can outdoors.

at least the fire wouldnt be inside- Hide quoted text -

But it won't _be_ inside a few seconds after it starts.

Harry K