DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Niveau Watchman fuel oil tank volume gauge. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/226795-niveau-watchman-fuel-oil-tank-volume-gauge.html)

willshak December 20th 07 02:00 PM

Niveau Watchman fuel oil tank volume gauge.

I am interested in this product, but after an extensive google search,
it appears to only be available in the UK and other parts of Europe.
http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/item...nstall%29.html
My 500 gal tank is below grade and on the end of the house that rarely
gets any traffic. This would save me from going out in the cold, rain,
and snow to measure the tank level with the long wooden dipstick. I
can't get to the tank right now because that side has a down slope and
there is a sheet of thick ice covering the snow on the ground. With the
high temps rarely getting above 32º F (0º C) for the last two weeks and
for whenever in the near future, I don't know when that ice will melt
enough for me to get to the tank.
Besides, I tend to forget to check it on a regular basis anyway.
Does anyone know if this product is available in the US, or is there a
similar US product?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Jim Elbrecht December 20th 07 04:59 PM

Niveau Watchman fuel oil tank volume gauge.

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:00:15 -0500, willshak
wrote:

I am interested in this product, but after an extensive google search,
it appears to only be available in the UK and other parts of Europe.
http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/item...nstall%29.html

-snip-
Does anyone know if this product is available in the US, or is there a
similar US product?

Here's a wireless guage from CT
http://www.oil-equip-mfg.com/docs/productsrocket.html

Jim

Jim Elbrecht December 20th 07 05:41 PM

Niveau Watchman fuel oil tank volume gauge.

wrote:

I am interested in this product, but after an extensive google search,
it appears to only be available in the UK and other parts of Europe.
http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/item...nstall%29.html

-snip-
Does anyone know if this product is available in the US, or is there a
similar US product?

Here's a wireless guage from CT
http://www.oil-equip-mfg.com/docs/productsrocket.html

I gave up trying to find a price list on that site- and froogle'd
'rocket wireless gauge' - found an ebay bin - #7616817585 .
$250.00 & $20 shipping. Yikes- I could do a lot of stick dipping
for that.

For $25 the Scully seems more reliable if slightly less convenient-
you'd have to walk past the tank.

Jeff's tinyurl from last summer is still good-
http://tinyurl.com/263wvc

Jim

willshak December 21st 07 01:34 AM

wrote:

I am interested in this product, but after an extensive google search,
it appears to only be available in the UK and other parts of Europe.
http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/item...nstall%29.html

-snip-

Does anyone know if this product is available in the US, or is there a
similar US product?

Here's a wireless guage from CT
http://www.oil-equip-mfg.com/docs/productsrocket.html

I gave up trying to find a price list on that site- and froogle'd
'rocket wireless gauge' - found an ebay bin - #7616817585 .
$250.00 & $20 shipping. Yikes- I could do a lot of stick dipping
for that.

Thanks for looking.
The Niveau Watchman is 58.75 GBP including VAT, which translates to
$111.57 USD. Less than half the price of the eBay item.

For $25 the Scully seems more reliable if slightly less convenient-
you'd have to walk past the tank.

Jeff's tinyurl from last summer is still good-
http://tinyurl.com/263wvc

Jim

That's only good for a 275 gal. tank. Mine is 500 gals.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

willshak December 21st 07 01:36 AM

on 12/20/2007 2:28 PM TH said the following:
Google OEM Rocket Should be able to find it for less than $95

Thanks. The range is between $55 (next state over in Craigslist) and
$96. It looks good. I hope it works.

Roy Starrin December 21st 07 02:14 PM

wrote:

I don't know when that ice will melt
enough for me to get to the tank.
Besides, I tend to forget to check it on a regular basis anyway.

What's it cost to have your oil dealer set you up with automatic
delvery? Can't you give the problem to him?