DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fan mounting question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/226526-re-fan-mounting-question.html)

big e lewis December 18th 07 03:48 AM

Fan mounting question

I was worried more about bearing failure and fire than cost of fan. The
ceiling is drywalled, so I can't get to the rafters to properly mount a
ceiling fan. My lights are 4' florecets plugged into outlets mounted on
ceiling, so I thought it would be easier to just use a plug-in type of
fan. I didn't think a vertically mounted fan would push the air down
enough, just keep moving it around up too high to help. But I guess I'll
give that a try to see how well it works.

S. Barker December 19th 07 03:04 AM

Fan mounting question

there is no fire hazard. you can stall those fans and they won't generate
enough heat to melt snow.