Posted to alt.home.repair

Default roofing for older mobile home

I know some really poor folks with an old single wide mobile home.
It's leaking and I'm looking for a method of sealing it without going
the cool-seal route. Maybe something like EPDM membrane or something
similar.

The main issue is long life. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 16, 10:28 pm, nobody wrote:
I know some really poor folks with an old single wide mobile home.
It's leaking and I'm looking for a method of sealing it without going
the cool-seal route. Maybe something like EPDM membrane or something
similar.

The main issue is long life. Any recommendations? Thanks.

You did not say what the current roofing consists of..but I will make
an assumption that it is low slope casue of the material you are
considering....

Peel & Seal A Self-Stick Aluminum Roll Roofing

Aluminum Surface
No Torches or Mops
No Adhesives
No Expensive Tools
No Coating

Peel & Seal is a self-stick aluminum roll roofing, which is ideal for
roofing a mobile home.

This product is available in either reflective aluminum, white or grey
coated top surface and features a 10 year limited warranty.

Roofing a mobile home is very important, especially when you consider
the potential for leaks.

Because of their design, mobile homes are especially warm in the
summer months because they attract heat. Peel & Seal features a
reflective aluminum surface, which will coincide perfectly with the
design of a mobile home.

The sheet features multiple laminations of specialized aluminum foil,
high density polymer films and a thick layer of rubberized asphalt
waterproofing compound. The aluminum foil reflects the sun to the
lower rooftop temperature, which reduces energy costs by directing the
sun away. The Peel & Seal sheet protects against leaks because the
rubberized asphalt seals tightly at the overlaps and most punctures.

Roofing a mobile home with Peel & Seal will provide a long-lasting
waterproof barrier that requires no coating. Rubberized asphalt will
not crack or dry, which is one advantage to Peel & Seal. In addition,
it sticks to most surfaces for easy installation and eliminate the
movement of water under the membrane.

With Peel & Seal, application is instant by simply peeling off the
release paper and applying to the roof's surface. Peel & Seal is fast
and simple to install, which eliminates the need for large crews and
saves you money.

Peel & Seal is available in various widths from 4 inches to 36 inches.
The narrow width rolls can be used for sealing, patching and repairing
such as sealing seams on metal roofs and lining leaking gutters.

A 2 square roll sells for about 130.00 and is available from many
different maugacturers..I prefer the one made by TAMKO

GOOD LUCK!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 17, 8:40 am, buffalobill wrote:
On Dec 16, 10:28 pm, nobody wrote:

I know some really poor folks with an old single wide mobile home.
It's leaking and I'm looking for a method of sealing it without going
the cool-seal route. Maybe something like EPDM membrane or something
similar.

The main issue is long life. Any recommendations? Thanks.

subject to your climate would determine additional conditions.
i have happily used other different products from snow roof. look at
their MOBILE COAT subject to your application.http://www.snowroof.com/
i would look up more about tyvek.
also for more ideas:http://www.campingworld.com/

I agree about Sno-roof products..they are also very good solutions,
however...they have a 5 year warranty period vs. 15 for a pee-n-stick,
system..but Sno-roof are cheeper to buy and go on even easier than
peel/stick roofs...however....as for TYVEKK, we only use this as a
home wrap under siding.....I am not familiar with any roof application
with TYVEKK.......
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 16, 11:58 pm, Roof Time Cincinnati wrote:
[...]

Gee, not only a spammer, but a plagiarist as well. Provide a link
instead of copying and pasting, and give credit when you rip off
someone's web page wholesale.
http://www.roofer911.com/peel__seal.htm

Rewiring older home Alex Home Repair 24 April 21st 07 09:05 PM
Older Mobile TR5E800-11c Needing any info Mike Electronics Repair 0 March 10th 07 06:49 AM
Older home insulation Marc Home Repair 4 September 27th 05 09:02 PM
Heating & insulation for older mobile home Michael T Wing CPA Home Repair 6 December 25th 03 12:34 AM
Excellent Site: Frugal Home from Mobile Home. mark Ransley Home Repair 2 November 4th 03 12:04 PM