Old December 15th 07, 05:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snowblower stalls out when warm/hot?

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

Old December 15th 07, 06:13 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

SPARK PLUG

Hi,
Does it have ignition module? If it does, it may be heat sensitive.
Right after it stalls out,see if it has good spark.
Old December 15th 07, 06:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

SPARK PLUG

Hi,
Does it have ignition module? If it does, it may be heat sensitive.
Right after it stalls out,see if it has good spark.

It has electric start, not sure about an ignition module... it is 25++
years old, if this help...

Old December 15th 07, 06:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

SPARK PLUG

I changed the spark plug last year and it still stalls and misfires
when warm...
Old December 15th 07, 06:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Howie" wrote in message
I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

I've got a nickel. Bad plug..

I can be wrong...simple enough to exchange.

Old December 15th 07, 06:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

SPARK PLUG

I changed the spark plug last year and it still stalls and misfires
when warm...

Change it again and be happy....
Old December 15th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

Work faster removing the snow.
Bubba

It sounds electrical, after 20 minutes its warm, ignition modules
failing often do so when hot, see if spark is bad when it happens.