Old December 15th 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snowblower stalls out when warm/hot?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:54:17 -0800 (PST), Howie
wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

This can happen if the engine overheats where the metal parts expand
and seize up the piston. If 4 stroke check your oil level. If two
stroke be rigorous in follwing the oil fuel mix ratio. Mine is a two
stroke 50:1 mix ratio. It was sensitive to too much oil (guesswork
when adding the oil) in the fuel and developed the symptoms you
described among other annoyances.

Old December 16th 07, 02:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

it is a 4 stroke...so see if the oil is low? I don't think so...
Old December 16th 07, 02:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

Work faster removing the snow.
Bubba

It sounds electrical, after 20 minutes its warm, ignition modules
failing often do so when hot, see if spark is bad when it happens.

I'll will check the spark the next time I use it...

Old December 16th 07, 02:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

Work faster removing the snow.
Bubba

LOL... good one!

While I'm talking to you guys, would it be a good idea to run
synthetic engine oil in this old girl? If yes, what grade?

Old December 18th 07, 02:19 PM posted to alt.home.repair

that old,,i bet it has ignition points and condenser and may need them
changed. i would take carb bowl off and be sure its clean
insidetoo,tighten head bolts.. lucas