Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Servicing Gas-On-Gas Stove/Heat

Hi,

I have an investment property and one of the apartments is equipped
with the so call "Gas-On-Gas" Stove/Heat system. The unit is
marginally working and I am looking into replacing the unit. My
understanding is that they don't make these types of units anymore.

I am thinking of replacing the unit with a conventional gas stove.
However, that would leave me with a problem of getting heat to the
area (i.e. kitchen and the bathroom). The apartment is located on the
2nd floor so running heating vents and other pipes would be difficult
and costly.

Other than going with electric baseboard heat, are there any (gas-
based) cost effective heating system that I could install?

Thanks,

CT
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 10:39 am, Chris wrote:
Hi,

I have an investment property and one of the apartments is equipped
with the so call "Gas-On-Gas" Stove/Heat system. The unit is
marginally working and I am looking into replacing the unit. My
understanding is that they don't make these types of units anymore.

I am thinking of replacing the unit with a conventional gas stove.
However, that would leave me with a problem of getting heat to the
area (i.e. kitchen and the bathroom). The apartment is located on the
2nd floor so running heating vents and other pipes would be difficult
and costly.

Other than going with electric baseboard heat, are there any (gas-
based) cost effective heating system that I could install?

Thanks,

CT

They also make thru-the wall gas vented heaters that work well. They
are used in my father's condo. This is the manufacturer's website:
http://www.dynavent.com/
You could also mount it in the window.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:39:10 -0800 (PST), Chris
wrote:

Hi,

I have an investment property and one of the apartments is equipped
with the so call "Gas-On-Gas" Stove/Heat system. The unit is
marginally working and I am looking into replacing the unit. My
understanding is that they don't make these types of units anymore.

I am thinking of replacing the unit with a conventional gas stove.
However, that would leave me with a problem of getting heat to the
area (i.e. kitchen and the bathroom). The apartment is located on the
2nd floor so running heating vents and other pipes would be difficult
and costly.

Other than going with electric baseboard heat, are there any (gas-
based) cost effective heating system that I could install?

Thanks,

CT

What make is your Gas & Gas range?

If it is a Magee or Bengal, I know of a parts source.

Doug