Posted to alt.home.repair
JB JB is offline

Default Mounting Kitchen Cab Above Frig?

As part of my kitchen remodeling job, my frig will be relocated into a
renovated shallow pantry which has been expanded to ~40" deep. Its
now almost like a closet. I have ordered a 24" cab to go on top and
be flush with the frig front. The width of this new space is just
enough (with abit of wiggle room) for the frig to fit. There will NOT
be any side panels.

Since the cab is only 24" deep, I now have about 16" of dead space
above the frig and behind the cab. It occurred to me that I have
nothing to hang the cab to! In this situation, do builders normally
construct a small soffit behind the cab to provide hanging studs?
Will a soffit be strong enough to hold it? Instead, can I attach the
cab to the side walls (building "in" to take up any slack space)? Can
you hang a cab from its sides??

Thanks!!!

--Jeff
Posted to alt.home.repair

JB wrote:
Can you hang a cab from its sides??

I did. But it has strong sides.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Dec 3, 11:00 am, JB wrote:
[...]

I was just inside a friend's new McMansion a week or so ago and they
had a deep cabinet above the fridge, so they are available. If you
don't want to do that you'll have to come up with some way of mounting
it; framing behind it wouldn't be a horrible plan.

nate

Frig trouble hankus Home Repair 4 July 26th 07 02:47 AM
wheel mounting on play structure mounting questions? bobmct Home Repair 4 July 15th 07 04:42 PM
mounting kitchen cabinet on stone wall Jack Home Repair 2 May 8th 05 05:05 AM
Undercounter frig mike hide Home Repair 2 December 19th 04 06:47 PM