DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cutting Tera-Stone (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/223426-cutting-tera-stone.html)

TH December 2nd 07 06:40 PM

Cutting Tera-Stone

I have a new Tera-Stone vanity tom that I need to trim 1 inch off the width.
Anyone have tips for doing this?

Joe December 2nd 07 07:16 PM

Cutting Tera-Stone

On Dec 2, 12:40 pm, "TH" wrote:
I have a new Tera-Stone vanity tom that I need to trim 1 inch off the width.
Anyone have tips for doing this?

Maybe this might work for you: Tape the top where the cut will be,
turn it over and make the cut using a carbide blade in a jigsaw, or
even better a diamond blade in a hand circular saw. Clamping a cutting
guide to the piece is a good idea as well. There are online sources
for the blades you need, as well as some stock at Ace Hardware, box
stores, etc. Harbor Freight has a good selection, too, if delivery
time is not critical. HTH

Joe