DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how to insulate a 6 inch warp on bottom of door seal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/223424-how-insulate-6-inch-warp-bottom-door-seal.html)

Joe December 2nd 07 05:52 PM

how to insulate a 6 inch warp on bottom of door seal

My back door is slightly warped at that very bottom of the seal with
the doorway enough to allow a breeze. I tried weatherstripping but
it's not thick enough and falls off if i layer it. I am thinking about
finding a way to shave down a piece of wood and attaching it either to
the doorway or the door to allow both to meet flush. Is there an
easier way to do it?

Joe December 2nd 07 07:28 PM

On Dec 2, 11:52 am, Joe wrote:
My back door is slightly warped at that very bottom of the seal with
the doorway enough to allow a breeze. I tried weatherstripping but
it's not thick enough and falls off if i layer it. I am thinking about
finding a way to shave down a piece of wood and attaching it either to
the doorway or the door to allow both to meet flush. Is there an
easier way to do it?

Either way ought to work, but dealing with the threshold likely will
be easiest. Choose a good water proof glue for the job, like Titebond
II or III. To keep the new piece in place until the adhesive dries,
use wedges so that if you have to do some planing or sanding on it
there won't be fasteners to run into. Good luck

Joe