DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Peugeot 406 horn (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/223188-peugeot-406-horn.html)

M.Joshi December 1st 07 12:17 AM

Peugeot 406 horn

Hello,

The horn buttons on my Peugeot 406 started to become intermittent over time and now the horn does not sound at all.

Is the problem likely to be with the switches or further down in the relay/horn connections?

How easy is it to remove the steering wheel to inspect the horn contacts on this car?

Are any special tools required?

Thanks.

Joe December 1st 07 02:57 AM

Peugeot 406 horn

On Nov 30, 6:17 pm, M.Joshi wrote:
Hello,

The horn buttons on my Peugeot 406 started to become intermittent over
time and now the horn does not sound at all.

Is the problem likely to be with the switches or further down in the
relay/horn connections?

snip

Yes.
Be logical. Check the horn by applying 12V to the terminals if they
haven't rotted off. If they have, you found the problem. Next, jumper
the relay contacts with a home made wire device to fit the base slots
and if the horn goes 'meeeep' then concentrate on getting a shop
manual to figure out your next step.
Since the car is French, you will probably need several hundred $$
worth of tools to get at the problem.
Consider trading it for a nice Volvo P544. Easier to work on. Good
luck.

Joe

ransley December 1st 07 04:53 AM

Peugeot 406 horn

On Nov 30, 8:57 pm, Joe wrote:
On Nov 30, 6:17 pm, M.Joshi wrote:

[...]

Puegeots are crap and made in france, hence Frence Horns.