Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stucco over panel siding

I have a 20 y/o house in North Fl, that I am either going to paint, install
vinyl siding, or stucco over. The wood is the typical plywood with a
vertical routed strip for a pattern. It is in generally good shape. Any
rotten wood has been replaced a few years ago. I don't like the pattern or
the look of the wood, or I would go ahead and paint. I don't like vinyl
siding as a general rule, it just looks too common or cheap for my tastes.

I have seen a few homes that have had stucco applied over the wood panels,
but I have never managed to drive by the homes while the construction was
taking place. I have read a little about the process, but was interested in
getting some personal accounts of their experience if anyone has any. I can
talk to the owners of the homes I have seen too.

I would just sell, but the market is a little quiestionable... so that must
figure into the costs vs. what I can recoupe if I want to sell in the next
five years.

Any advice would be appreciated... right now, I have no idea of the costs...
I have only read a little about the process.