Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Super II Pump Replacement

My Hayward Super II Pump (dual speed) has died and I've been told to
replace it with a single speed. Unfortunately I don't know what HP to
get. My current says it's 2.5 HP (although the part number indicates
it's only 2 HP SP1620-Z-2-MBK). My pool is 13,000 gallons, 5' at the
deepest, and DOES have an automatic pool cleaner, but does NOT have a
spa.

Incidentally, do I really need to replace the entire pump? Apparently
the pump ran dry due to a blockage in the lines this past summer. The
repairman said it was bad, but cleaned something out and sprayed it
with WD40. Told me it would only last me a little while longer.
Today I woke up to it "screaming", so I'm guessing it's finally given
out. But with all the parts that I'm able to purchase separately, it
seems I should be able to repair the existing pump instead of
purchasing a whole new one. Any thoughts? I don't have a lot of
money, but I do need whatever I do to last so I'm not continously
putting money into the pool.

If I do need to replace, please advise on what HP I should get.

Thank you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

If you are handy, replacing bearings and seals is not that big of a job.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

charleslv had written this in response to
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/...nt-268548-.htm
:

wrote:

[...]

Have you solved this

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Sump pump replacement gerry gardiner Home Repair 6 November 19th 06 01:29 PM
well pump replacement daPump Home Repair 1 January 12th 06 08:59 PM
Replacement CH pump. John UK diy 8 December 30th 05 05:40 PM
FA: Super cheap metalworking equipment -Mitutoyo, Starrett, Super/morse Joee Metalworking 0 April 19th 05 09:07 AM
Well pump replacement John T. Howard Home Repair 2 April 14th 05 04:29 PM