Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ThermoStat / Diverter T zoning advice requetsted

Hi,
I've a 1952 house with a single zone diverter T (one-pipe). The
thermostat is on the first floor, I'd like to add a zone to the second
floor or have a wireless thermostat to control at night for the second
floor?

I believe my only option is to add a second zone? any other ideas?

Thanks
Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

You have to split the piping to the second floor from the first floor and
get it connected to a separate thermostatically controlled circulator, or
keep the existing circulator and use two thermostatically controlled zone
valves

"msmith" wrote in message
Hi,
I've a 1952 house with a single zone diverter T (one-pipe). The
thermostat is on the first floor, I'd like to add a zone to the second
floor or have a wireless thermostat to control at night for the second
floor?

I believe my only option is to add a second zone? any other ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Need advice on wiring new thermostat Rob Home Repair 6 November 29th 06 10:47 PM
Zoning in bathrooms Stuart UK diy 5 February 22nd 06 10:35 PM
Thermostat Upgrade Advice [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 19th 06 07:25 PM
Dryer Vent Inline Diverter Energy Saver - Advice wanted Mak Wilson Home Repair 20 October 19th 05 01:54 AM
Advice wiring a thermostat please! xena UK diy 38 November 16th 04 10:18 AM