Posted to alt.home.repair

Default for y

The Call to Islam

Islam is Allah's final Message in its most perfect form to mankind.
This is proclaimed in the following verse:
"Today I have perfected your religion for you and I have completed
thus My favours upon you and I have chosen for you Islam as your
religion." (Al Qur'an 5: 3)

Furthermore, Islam is the only 'religion accepted by Allah'. Says the
Holy Qur'an: "And whoever chooses a way of life other than Islam, this
will not be accepted from him. And in the Hereafter he will be among
the losers." (Al-Qur'an 3:85)

Thus Islam, stands as the only hope for the salvation of all nations:
Nations who are in conflict with themselves and with each other;
people who have lost faith and confidence in themselves and in others;
states which are building their welfare at the expense of others
lives; communities who have reached the fathomless depth of moral
degradation.

Humanity stands today on the brinks of destruction. And it is our
moral duty to extend to them Islam's brotherly love and compassion so
that they experience the community of faith and righteousness brought
up by the best of educators, Muhammad, peace be upon him, who said: "I
have been sent to perfect the beauties of moral conduct." And, "I have
been sent to the 'red' and the 'black' alike".

Allah, Most High declares: "And verily We have sent your as a mercy to
the entire mankind." (Al-Qur'an 21: 107) "O Prophet, Truly We have
sent you as a witness, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And as
one who invites to Allah by His leave and as a lamp spreading light.
Then give the glad tidings to the believers, that they shall have from
Allah a very great bounty." (Al-Qur'an 33: 45-47)

The challenge is clear. It is now our turn to take up the
responsibility of spreading Allah's Message after the Prophet (peace
be upon him).

The Noblest Example Provided by the Messenger of Allah:

Muhammad (peace be upon him) received the Divine Message willingly and
took upon himself the greatest responsibilities ever conceivable.
Undoubtedly, the prophethood posed the heaviest and most troublesome
burden on the shoulders of Muhammad (peace be upon him).

For, Prophethood entails courage, boldness, steadfastness, wisdom,
intelligence personality, judgement and caution coupled with
compassion, mercy love, magnanimity, selflessness, generosity,
humility, justice, loyalty and countless other qualities of excellence
and perfection. He faced hardships, persecution, torture, and death,
and put up with stubborn ignorance, relentless enmities and
treacherous tribes, to endure insolence, ill-treatment and
oppressions. The Messenger of Allah carried out Allah's orders inspite
of the tremendous opposition and ill-treatment.

He was commanded by his Lord to call people to piety, modesty and
submission to the Sustainer of the universe to warn those who rejected
the message and give glad tidings to those who believed. To fight
those who obstructed the path to the truth of Allah's guidance.

The prophet of Allah, is solemnly reminded on a number of occasions
throughout the Qur'an that he is to preach and spread Allah's Message.
Allah, Most High says: "O Messenger verily We have sent you as a
witness, one giving glad tidings and a warner and as one who invites
(people) to Allah by His permission, and an illuminating light." (Al-
Qur'an 33: 45-46)

The very word Messenger implies that the person to whom this name is
attributed carries a message, which invariably concerns everybody
according to his frame of mind, inquisitiveness and thirst for truth.

Allah's address to His Messenger recurs time and again to remind him
that it is his duty to invite people to Allah, to be steadfast in
conveying Allah's message to mankind and not to lose for any moment
the sight of this sublime goal. Allah the Most glorious and the Most
High addresses His Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him), thus: "...And
do invite (them) to your Lord, for your are assuredly on the Right
Way." (Al-Qur'an 22:67)

Here are some more injunctions to the same effect: "And let nothing
keep you back from the signs of Allah after they have been revealed to
you. And invite (men) to your Lord, and be not of the company of
polytheists." (Al-Qur'an 23: 87) "... Say: I am commanded to worship
Allah, and not to joint partners with Him. Unto Him, do I call, and
unto Him is my return." (Al-Qur'an 13: 36)

It is a fact that Allah, out of His mercy sent great number of
Prophets at different times and places. Their mission was the same.
All of them, without exception, invited the people to believe in Allah
and worship him alone. Allah, the Most Exalted says: "And verily We
have sent to every nation a Prophet so that they worship Allah and
shun the idols." (Al-Qur'an 16: 36) And again He says: "O Messenger,
proclaim (to them) what has been sent down to you from your Lord." (Al-
Qur'an 5: 6