Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Snow thrower prep

That time of the year to prep my snow thrower for the coming season.

Engine used is a Tecumseh Snow King. This year when I went to fire it
up the speed would not go above idle. Quickly determined the cause to
be a sticky throttle advance. Sprayed it clean with carb cleaner and it
seems OK.

Question is should I leave it as is or provide a lubricant? If so what
type of lubricant? If it matters the winters here rarely get below zero
degrees Fahrenheit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" wrote in message
That time of the year to prep my snow thrower for the coming season.

Engine used is a Tecumseh Snow King. This year when I went to fire it
up the speed would not go above idle. Quickly determined the cause to
be a sticky throttle advance. Sprayed it clean with carb cleaner and it
seems OK.

Question is should I leave it as is or provide a lubricant? If so what
type of lubricant? If it matters the winters here rarely get below zero
degrees Fahrenheit.

On the snow throwers that I have had, some of the linkages are meant to be
dry as lubricants either become too viscous to be useful or don't stay put
(drain away from where you want lubrication).

There is a governor on the engine and that has to be free moving.

Change the spark plug and properly gap it. Change the oil with the proper
oil for the conditions in your area being careful not to over fill as
Tecumseh engines don't tolerate being over filled even a little bit....fouls
the spark plug very quickly.

Get some fresh gas and fill the tank and you should be ready to go.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Worn out Retread wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
That time of the year to prep my snow thrower for the coming
season.

Engine used is a Tecumseh Snow King. This year when I went to fire
it up the speed would not go above idle. Quickly determined the
cause to be a sticky throttle advance. Sprayed it clean with carb
cleaner and it seems OK.

Question is should I leave it as is or provide a lubricant? If so
what type of lubricant? If it matters the winters here rarely get
below zero degrees Fahrenheit.

On the snow throwers that I have had, some of the linkages are meant
to be dry as lubricants either become too viscous to be useful or
don't stay put (drain away from where you want lubrication).

There is a governor on the engine and that has to be free moving.

So would you just leave it after being cleaned with the carb cleaner or
might there be some other dry lubricant that should be used?
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Nov 25, 6:38 am, Jim wrote:
Worn out Retread wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
That time of the year to prep my snow thrower for the coming
season.

Engine used is a Tecumseh Snow King. This year when I went to fire
it up the speed would not go above idle. Quickly determined the
cause to be a sticky throttle advance. Sprayed it clean with carb
cleaner and it seems OK.

Question is should I leave it as is or provide a lubricant? If so
what type of lubricant? If it matters the winters here rarely get
below zero degrees Fahrenheit.

On the snow throwers that I have had, some of the linkages are meant
to be dry as lubricants either become too viscous to be useful or
don't stay put (drain away from where you want lubrication).

There is a governor on the engine and that has to be free moving.

So would you just leave it after being cleaned with the carb cleaner or
might there be some other dry lubricant that should be used?- Hide quoted text -

Leave it dry as the amont of movement it doe's is minute just make
sure the cables are lubricated with Graphite

Starting a Snow Thrower. PaPaPeng Home Repair 5 October 30th 06 12:58 PM
MTD Snow Thrower Recall m Ransley Home Repair 2 October 6th 06 10:11 PM
Snow thrower yaofeng Home Repair 14 December 7th 05 03:42 AM
snow thrower advice jb Home Repair 18 November 12th 03 05:43 PM
Gonna buy a snow thrower SJ Home Ownership 4 September 15th 03 08:02 PM