Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water

I live in Peoria AZ and the municipal water supply is not the best.
I am considering a RO filter and am requesting recommendations from users of
RO units.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:56:12 -0700, "Seamus J. Wilson"
wrote:

I live in Peoria AZ and the municipal water supply is not the best.
I am considering a RO filter and am requesting recommendations from users of
RO units.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

This company* is in Phoenix, AZ. The web site has valuable
information. Yes, I did buy there, at a very good price. They also
ship from OH.

*
http://qualitywatertreatment.com./
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Seamus J. Wilson" wrote:

I live in Peoria AZ and the municipal water supply is not the best.
I am considering a RO filter and am requesting recommendations from users of
RO units.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

I rented one from Arrowhead (bottled water company) for many years. I
think it was 14.95/month, which included annual service, and repairs
whenever needed. Finally bought the unit from them (the one I'd been
renting, so it was well used) for about 150, and now I pay whenever I
need service on it. Altogether I guess I've had it for 20 years.

The service guy told me that the ones you can buy at HD for $100 or so
are fine. That's the route I'll likely take if this one ever goes
completely to hell. There's more to them than just changing the
cartridges, though. Other components can go bad, and I don't know about
replacement part availability for the DIY units.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
I live in Peoria AZ and the municipal water supply is not the best.
I am considering a RO filter and am requesting recommendations from
users of RO units.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Just my two cents.

I to was thinking of a RO filter and I happen to be working at the city
water department and ask some of the technicians in the lab and asked them
what filter I needed and they told me just a standard under sink filter
would do me fine.

you might want to ask your water department

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

We Sell Lead Free A/Cs