Posted to alt.home.repair

Default windows replacement

I just got an estimate for replacing the old aluminum widows on my
house in Tucson, and I am still in shock. It runs about $1500 per
average-size window--installed. I have adequate experience in doing
the installation, but I am wondering about where I could get good-
quality vynil double-bane replacements. Would Lowes and HD be the
places to look at? Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I just got an estimate for replacing the old aluminum widows on my
house in Tucson, and I am still in shock. It runs about $1500 per
average-size window--installed. I have adequate experience in doing
the installation, but I am wondering about where I could get good-
quality vynil double-bane replacements. Would Lowes and HD be the
places to look at? Thanks.

$1500??! Hey, I live south of Tucson (Green Valley) and am having Lowes
replace my 8' sliding glass door for less than that.

See Robert Glynn at the Lowes on West Valencia (520-714-2400) and have him
give you a detailed estimate. At the least it'll give you a reference point
to work from.

Posted to alt.home.repair

id use window world if you have one in your area. i use their windows
in my rentals and home..get 2 pane low e glass installed for 210.00
ea..damn good window.. lucas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 20, 12:27 am, wrote:
I just got an estimate for replacing the old aluminum widows on my
house in Tucson, and I am still in shock. It runs about $1500 per
average-size window--installed. I have adequate experience in doing
the installation, but I am wondering about where I could get good-
quality vynil double-bane replacements. Would Lowes and HD be the
places to look at? Thanks.

Obviously it's hard to refute that price without knowing a number of
details regarding what needs to be done to get your old windows out
and the new ones in, but $1500 *per* seems a tad high. I went to a
contractor's supply house and bought better windows than you can get
through Lowes or HD and paid roughly $200 each, on average.
Installation was "easy", considering there was not a lot of exterior
trim work, although I did go above and behind what a contractor would
have done with the trim.

I'd really like to know what you are getting for $1500 *per* - both in
the quality of window and the labor involved.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
I just got an estimate for replacing the old aluminum widows on my
house in Tucson, and I am still in shock. It runs about $1500 per
average-size window--installed. I have adequate experience in doing
the installation, but I am wondering about where I could get good-
quality vynil double-bane replacements. Would Lowes and HD be the
places to look at? Thanks.

We had estimates by Lowes and HD for 2 windows here. HD was almost twice
the cost.

Replacement Windows FMB Home Repair 0 September 4th 07 07:42 AM
Replacement Windows Win Home Repair 3 May 21st 07 10:28 PM
Replacement Windows a12vman Home Repair 6 October 21st 06 07:48 PM
Replacement Windows Carl Home Repair 33 June 17th 06 03:10 AM
Replacement windows Gntry Home Repair 2 November 8th 05 10:57 PM