Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tubes to put wires into

Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dee Dee wrote:

Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee

Conduit or cabling channel, trough? Not interested in wireless set up?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dee Dee, 11/18/2007,10:00:36 PM, wrote:

Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee

They have these spiral wraps you can get to wrap around the wires. At
the very least twist ties will do the job well enough.
http://www.waytekwire.com/spiral-wrap-tubing.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

I think you will like this site:
http://cableorganizer.com/cableties-wrap-clips/

Zip ties, Velcro ties, and some wire loom should fix you right up.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Dee Dee" wrote in message
Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature --
that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 18, 9:00 pm, Dee Dee wrote:
Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee

Here's a site that shows what you may need. You can
find them at most office supply stores or home
improvement centers. Look for cable protectors.

http://search.cableorganizer.com/sea...loor&view=list

http://tinyurl.com/2evv8f

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 18, 9:00 pm, Dee Dee wrote:
Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee

Oh, I forgot another item you may find at the supply
stores. It's split flexible nylon convolute wire loom
that looks like this:

http://cableorganizer.com/nylon-wireloom/

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dee Dee wrote:
Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee

There are dozens of choices, from wire ties to velcro, to formed cable
protectors, to the corrugated stuff used in cars and network wiring.
(Commonly called 'smurf tube', although I personally have only seen
orange, yellow, and black, never blue.) Forget the office supply place
or big-box computer store- ask a working geek or look online under LAN
wiring supplies. I think they call it 'cable management'.

aem sends....
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
Dee Dee wrote:

Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee

I'll add to other suggestions that it is generally advised not to bundle
AC power cords with signal wires, due to possibility of interference.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dee Dee" wrote in message
Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee

A product called "Wiremold" may work but it's designed more for long runs
along walls, across ceilings, etc. Sometimes known by it's generic term of
"raceway". You'll find it at hardware stores. Comes in vinyl that can be
split apart, or steel.

Of course, the Velcro strips that computer techs use are nice, and
"zip-ties" also work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dee Dee" wrote in message

Looking for a name to google for this:

I have wires laying under every table that I use for laptops and
videos, TV and the like.

What is the name of a tube -- or something of that nature -- that I
can gather up these wires and keep them more together.

Whatta mess!
Thanks.
Dee- Hide quoted text -

Thank you one and all for your generosity, taking the time to answer.
Dee Dee

Tubes Michael Black Electronics Repair 8 July 13th 07 09:17 PM
Tubes Eeyore Electronics Repair 1 July 12th 07 10:25 AM
Radiant tubes in a concrete/mud slab vs mounting the tubes under the sub floor. [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 4th 07 07:37 AM
What tubes to use [email protected] Electronics Repair 20 May 14th 07 09:38 PM
Grounding Of Ground Wires In An Electrical Gang Box (how to handle the green ground wires) Robert11 Home Repair 7 March 8th 05 04:45 PM