Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Waking the baby with his noisy tool

I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice. My husband has this
tool that makes a clicking sound everytime he turns it. He said he
can not stop the noise. I'm getting angry because that noise wakes
the baby. He's always working on his car in the attached garage which
is right next to the baby's room. It seems he is always using that
annoying thing. He named the thing "rat ****". My husband is weird, so
I can see how he got that dumb name for it. I think giving tools names
is really bizarre, but that's just how my husband is. Besides that,
there are probably rats in that garage because he has so much car junk
in there, so I dont doubt some rat really **** on that damn tool. I
wish the rat would have eaten it or taken it to it's nest. All I ever
hear is click click click, then the baby starts hollaring. Either
that tool goes, or he gets a quiet one, or else he is going to have to
go to his friends garage to work on cars. I've had it !

If anyone knows what this tool thing is, do they make quiet ones that
dont click? I'll get him one for Christmas, and then I can throw the
noisy one in the trash. If you dont know what it is, I know he puts
these round things on it and has a whole box full of different sizes.
He calls those things socks its. (more of his weird naming stuff).
They dont look anything like socks.

Monica S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

Get your baby some ear muffs, and get your husband a 24 inch "break her
bar" for Valentine's day. Tell him to use it on you, instead of his
shriveled up little pecker. That should stop yer whining.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:27:20 -0600, wrote:

[...]

Oh for cripes sake !!!

Just to let you know, they are called Ratchets and Sockets. These are
the names they have from the manufacturer, not a name your husband
gave them.

I really can not understand how a ratchet can irritate anyone or
particularly wake a baby, even without a wall in between. I think you
are overly sensitive. I'd like to recommend therapy but without
actually seeing and hearing the situation I wont say anymore. For all
I know, he has a really noisy ratchet, even though I have never heard
any of them to be more than a quiet click and dont know how one could
get loud. I suggest you go to a tool store and spin a ratchet in the
store. Is it as loud? If he was running power tools I could see a
possible noise issue, but a ratchet? Give me a break !

Another suggestion, you can buy sound proofing material at many
building centers. Put some on the shared wall between the babys
bedroom and garage. I've never installed any, but I think it just
glues on. (Of course if it uses a caulking gun for the glue, I
suppose you'll find that too loud too !). I think some women just look
for things to complain about..... I'm glad I married one who only
complains when there is a real problem, like when our water heater
sprung a leak. and I was complaining about that too.

I wish you luck in your marriage. I think you'll need it.

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Nov 18, 8:27 pm, wrote:
[...]

If I were lewd, I would suggest that you tell your husband that if he
does his work out in the garage without waking up the baby, then you
will "_____________fill in the blank___________". Then he'll be
quiet. But since I'm not lewd, I won't suggest it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:27:20 -0600, wrote:

I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice. My husband has this
tool that makes a clicking sound everytime he turns it.

Some "cockin guns" click when you pull the trigger.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

Oh for cripes sake !!!

Bill

HELLO??? Look up the word JOKE, Bill, for cripes sake.

HELP MAKE OUR BABY!!!! HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK A BABY COSTS? [email protected] Home Repair 6 October 26th 07 07:21 PM
Waking up every day with insect bites on my legs [email protected] UK diy 75 October 12th 06 11:00 PM
Buy BABY CONVERTABLE CRIBS,baby crib sets, baby bedding, baby bed sheets on discounted prices [email protected] Woodworking 0 August 3rd 06 08:29 PM
Noisy baby monitors Mike Home Repair 10 June 9th 06 06:07 PM
Central Heating noise waking me up! AlexL UK diy 8 January 19th 04 03:51 PM