Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

Default Ceramic tile- for kitchen- grout question- easy clean

Hi, I will be having new ceramic tile installed in my kitchen. The
tile store has told me that there is a new grout that they recommend
because it has been shown to be very easy to clean- easy clean grout.

Is this a common grout now used for kitchen tiles??

Is this a hard grout to work with? One tile installer told me that it
would take twice the usual time to use this grout and said not to use
it.
Could someone shed some light on this grout? Thanks KOS
Posted to alt.home.repair

KOS wrote:
Hi, I will be having new ceramic tile installed in my kitchen. The
tile store has told me that there is a new grout that they recommend
because it has been shown to be very easy to clean- easy clean
grout.

Is this a common grout now used for kitchen tiles??

Is this a hard grout to work with? One tile installer told me that
it would take twice the usual time to use this grout and said not
to use it.
Could someone shed some light on this grout? Thanks KOS

Only things I know of for tile joints are grout (cement + stuff) and
epoxy. Never used epoxy but I suspect it is a bear to use.

Grout isn't hard to clean if it is sealed. Yes, if you use white
grout it will eventually get dirty looking; the solution is to use a
dark(er) color to begin with.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...